- In accordance with DOH Guidelines, Excel at Woodbury has prepared our re-opening plan for limited visitation with a target date of 4/12/2021. Please see our website and Facebook page for an outline of our re-opening plan.
- Visitation will occur by appointment only and appointments will be scheduled and tracked by Reception/Concierge Director. A spreadsheet system will be utilized to track appointments. At morning report, staff will be alerted of the schedule for the following day as well as confirm any adjustments to the current day’s schedule. They will need to alert nursing supervision of any adjustments as soon as possible.
- Facility tours will also resume utilizing a modified procedure and social distancing.
- Visits will be scheduled at 10am; 2:30pm; and 4pm. Visits will be for 45 minutes. Five residents and their two visitors (at least one over the age of 18) will be scheduled for each session. This will allow for a 5-minute check in, a 45-minute visit, and time for disinfection prior to the next appointments.
- A waitlist will be created for people who could not get a slot in the event of a cancellation. Lateness does not extend a visitation appointment so punctuality is very important. Staff will ensure that the residents are ready and waiting to greet their loved ones at their scheduled time.
- All visitation will occur on the patio in the courtyard (weather permitting). As a contingency for inclement weather the dining room will be used at the discretion of the facility. At no time will visitation take place in resident rooms.
- All visitors will be screened in the lobby and escorted to the patio through the dining room. Visitors must complete the screening form which includes temperature, contact information, questions about signs of illness, recent travel, and COVID 19 status. Contact information is crucial in the case that contact tracing needs to occur at a later date. The visitor will be provided with a sticker to don on their clothing as an indicator that they passed the screening process. It is recommended that visitors must present a negative COVID test from within the past 7 days. Rapid tests will be available to those unable to obtain a covid test.
- All tables will be assigned with X’s marking seating spots to ensure adequate social distancing.
- All Visitors are required to wear facial coverings at all times. Visitors will receive visitation guidelines upon entry.
- Visitors will be asked to refrain from physical contact with the residents (unless both parties are fully vaccinated) and will also be asked to refrain from food/beverages during visits during this initial phase. Existing procedures for bringing in food items for their loved one will continue.
- Booking of visitation appointments will be allowed up to 7 days in advance with a maximum of 2 visits per week per resident. This is to ensure that every Resident gets to see their loved ones.
- A thorough cleaning/disinfecting of tables/chairs will be completed after every visit. All residents will have prompt hand hygiene after each visit.